The most important applications
Training in electrochemistry
- Student internships
- Demonstration experiments
Electrochemical research and development
- Sensor development
- Reversibility of electrochemical reactions
- Reaction kinetics
As a result of its intuitive operability, PSTAT software is particularly suitable for training in electrochemistry. Measurement is of the essence. That is why the software includes only those functions that are really important for measurement, i.e. measuring parameters, curves and manual signal evaluation.
All of the basic electrochemical measurement techniques are available with the PSTAT software.
- The mechanism and kinetics of electrode reactions can be investigated by using Cyclic Voltammetry (CV). This allows statements about electrochemical reaction reversibility to be made and important parameters such as diffusion coefficients and reaction constants to be calculated. In addition, Cyclic Voltammetry is also suitable for the analysis and characterization of modified sensors.
- Differential Pulse Voltammetry (DPV) and Square Wave Voltammetry (SWV) are the classic techniques for quantitative determination of electrochemically active substances. The thick film electrodes supplied allow direct measurement of metals such as mercury or of organic substances such as Vitamin C. After modification of the sensors, e.g., with a bismuth film, it is possible to make cadmium and lead determinations.
- The construction and the mode of operation of an amperometric biosensor, e.g., a glucose sensor, can be easily compiled with Chronoamperometric Detection (AD) and the supplied thick film electrodes.
Screen-printed electrodes (SPE)
Inexpensive disposable thick film electrodes make electrochemistry easy. The electrode is inserted into the holder and measurement can begin without further preparation. Each sensor contains the 3 required electrodes: the working electrode, made of carbon, gold or platinum, a silver reference electrode and a carbon auxiliary electrode on a ceramic holder.
Monograph "Electrochemistry – A workbook for 910 PSTAT mini"
The monograph provides an easy introduction to the field of electrochemistry. The book in its handy format includes experiments that describe fundamental phenomena of electrochemical analytics. These experiments can be readily carried out with the 910 PSTAT mini and the electrodes supplied.